top of page

Group

Public·68 members

If Only I Was A Poet

LINK >>> https://blltly.com/2tl2ZS

Rudyard Kipling is one of the best-known of the late Victorian poets and story-tellers. Although he was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 1907, his political views, which grew more toxic as he aged, have long made him critically unpopular. In the New Yorker,...

If only you knewhow many times i think of youhow many times i wish you nearhow i wonder if you are wellhow i want to heal your broken heartand tell you how much you are worthIf only you knewhow much i want to lie in your armsall through the nightsand awake to soft kisseswith the sweet sound of your voiceas you say my namehow much i want to feelyour touches and lips upon minehow you bring warmth and that tingling sensationall through my bodywith your poetic words and charm of heartthe way you make me feelso alive, excitement, compassionIf only you knewof the passion that burns withinhow you've awaken this imprisoned soulhow my heart beats back to lifehow i love the conversations we sharehow i know i can be myselfhow i miss you sowhen the weekends take you awayand the weeks fly byas you make me smilewith the pleasurable feeling of delight and amusementIf only you could seethe expressions on my facehow they would make you smile or laughOh if only things were differentif only i had known you soonerinstead we live from afarIf only you knewhow much you mean to mehow much i truly care...

Amanda Gorman is an American poet, award-winning writer and cum laude graduate of Harvard University. She is the youngest inaugural poet in U.S. history: on January 20th, 2021, 22-year-old Gorman delivered her original poem, The Hill We Climb, during President Joe Biden's and VP Kamala Harris' inauguration.

She acknowledged the power of her own presence on the stage in "a country and a time where a skinny black girl descended from slaves and raised by a single mother can dream of becoming president, only to find herself reciting for one."

Like Obama inaugural poet Richard Blanco, who invoked the grand sweep of American geography in a call for unity in "One Today," Gorman dedicated a portion to "every corner called our country" from the South to the Midwest. She ended with an invitation to "step out of the shade."

Gorman, like Biden, had a speech impediment as a child. (Biden had a stutter; Gorman had difficulty pronouncing certain sounds.) She told NPR's Steve Inskeep that her speech impediment was one reason she was drawn to poetry at a young age.

Though a scholarly work is a different creature from a novel, the material that Linda Leavell draws on for her biography of the poet is as rich and startling as fiction. Despite fame that reached popular icon level during her lifetime, Moore lived for many years with her mother in a Greenwich Village basement flat so small that the cooking was done on a hotplate balanced above the bathtub.

Wearing a caged bird ring as a tribute to Angelou and a pair of earrings gifted to her by Oprah Winfrey, the young poet recited the heartfelt poem, which features in her debut poetry book, with a mature verve.

In reciting the poem, Gorman joined the ranks of previous inaugural poets Richard Blanco, Elizabeth Alexander, Miller Williams, Maya Angelou, and Robert Frost. Biden was the fourth president to have a poet speak at his inauguration, following Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and John F. Kennedy.

The Marginalian has a free Sunday digest of the week's most mind-broadening and heart-lifting reflections spanning art, science, poetry, philosophy, and other tendrils of our search for truth, beauty, meaning, and creative vitality. Here's an example. Like Claim yours:

We must assume our existence as broadly as we in any way can; everything, even the unheard-of, must be possible in it. That is at bottom the only courage that is demanded of us: to have courage for the most strange, the most singular and the most inexplicable that we may encounter.

If only we arrange our life according to that principle which counsels us that we must always hold to the difficult, then that which now still seems to us the most alien will become what we most trust and find most faithful. How should we be able to forget those ancient myths that are at the beginning of all peoples, the myths about dragons that at the last moment turn into princesses; perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.

For sure, what exists in the tangles and convolutions of your imagination and in your poems, what exists in the knots and riddles and webs, will be difficulties. Difficulties in dramatic composition. Difficulties in metaphor and imagination. Difficulties in identity and voice. But the difficulties, too, are in flux. They change. They too dramatize mutability. In this way: Becoming a poet means locating what images and symbols, what argument and figuration, are best suited to convey the aspects of change you most want to reveal through your writing. Ask yourself, what are the changes in existence that matter to you

In addition, Professor Hillman says she and her husband are devoted to spending time with their large family; she recently returned from a literary and family trip to St. Louis and Pittsburgh, where she gave a poetry reading and enjoyed playing with her grandchildren. 59ce067264

https://www.newlifemontessori.com/group/craft-activity-and-play-ideas/discussion/cc82e4d6-eaaf-483d-926b-75eb668a058a

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page